Earning Your Trust
Florida Tech has evolved over its 50 years into a world-class university that provides superb education and research in a wide array of fields of study. Your partnership has made this possible through scholarships for our undergraduates, fellowships for our graduate students, lectureships, endowed chairs, and creation of new, dynamic facilities that have provided the infrastructure for our educational programs. Your giving is evident through the university and we are proud of your engagement with us.
Trust is about sharing a vision, and a clear, compelling vision for the future is what drives us to seek new challenges every day. We want you to know that your investment in Florida Tech is taken seriously and, through your partnership with us, we are able to stay focused on that shared vision of the future, as well as provide resources that support today’s needs. We hope that we will always remain worthy of your trust and engagement. We encourage you to stay involved with Florida Tech for many years to come.
Matching Your Interests to Our Needs
Throughout the pages of this website, you will find information of programs that may interest you. If you are looking for a connection between your needs and ours, here is a short list of options.
- Support Florida Tech’s greatest needs through a gift to the Florida Tech Fund
- Provide scholarship or fellowship funds for deserving students
- Support department chairs and professors through “Endowed Chairs”
- Support the College of Psychology’s building campaign
- Help create a new Florida Tech Rowing Center at the Melbourne Harbor
- Help expand the oceanfront Vero Beach Marine Laboratory
- Sponsor a soccer player or another Florida Tech athlete
- And many other opportunities that can satisfy your philanthropy interests
Tax and Income Benefits
Making a cash or planned gift to Florida Tech has many advantages:
- Income tax savings through a charitable deduction for the value of a gift
- Avoidance of capital gains tax on contributions of appreciated securities and other kinds of appreciated property
- Life income for themselves and/or others through life income gifts
- Potentially higher spendable income from life income gift arrangements
- Elimination of federal estate tax on the value of a gift passing to Florida Tech under a will or revocable trust
- Potential reduction in estate administration costs
Florida Institute of Technology is a 501(c)3 charitable educational organization, and as such, any donations made to Florida Institute of Technology are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. For specific details on tax regulations governing charitable contributions, consult IRS Publication 526.
Contact the Office of Development at (321) 674-8962 if you have any questions regarding charitable giving.